Free Expert Support with Fleet-Wide ProPlus Subscription
Geotab is pleased to announce that our new and improved support services are now available directly through MyGeotab. Support Services is a full-featured support and training platform where customers can receive help, resolve issues, or request training—all without leaving the application.
With support services, your customers can:
• Request support and training directly through MyGeotab.
• Connect with experts through the Live Chat feature.
• Track ticket status and provide input where needed.
• Receive support in English, French, Spanish, and Mandarin (hours may vary).
• Request personalised training with a Geotab Implementation Specialist.
• Restrict Reseller’s view of tickets by controlling access to the database.
• Grant access to others via MyGeotab security clearances (must be an administrator).
Here are a few ways in which fleet safety management can save your company money in the long term.
Fleet Safety Management Reduces Speeding
We’ve looked at vehicle crash statistics before; in 2015, crashes at illegal speeds took the lives of over 9,500 people. True enough, speeding is the driver behaviour that continues to cost fleet owners the most money, consistently.
While no matter how many times you articulate the risks, drivers will speed, the same need not be true of your fleet. There are a number of ways in which speeding among fleet drivers can be minimised through fleet safety management.
- Check the speedometer; this lets you ensure that you’re obeying traffic laws and staying within the speed limit.
- Leaving early: if you’re not in a race against the clock to get to your destination, you’re less likely to speed.
- Answer questions from your drivers: What’s expected of your team? Is there any leeway? What are the deadlines? If your drivers know the answer to these questions, they can’t claim ignorance if caught out.
- Use telematics. Telematics can provide alerts when drivers are driving at speeds above the legal speed limit. They can also be customised to set your own company speed limits within the fleet.
Recommended Reading: Geotab and Statistics
Save fuel, save money
Cutting down on excessive idling will allow you to save a substantial amount of money each year. While a small amount of idling will always happen, Geotab’s database calculates that for every hour spent idling, you waste a gallon of fuel. Therefore, if a fleet of 100 vehicles spends 20 minutes a day idling for a month, you will see wastage of 833.33.
Telematics lets you associate drivers to specific vehicles using NFC tags or other telematic solutions. This lets you work with drivers to eliminate their wasteful idling habits and walk them through how it affects their fuel costs.
Fleet safety management and seat belt use
The importance of using a seatbelt when operating a vehicle cannot be overstated. It’s the most effective way to prevent injury or fatality in crashes. Furthermore, being caught driving without a seatbelt can leave you open to costly fines. For a fleet with a number of drivers, the cost of not wearing a seatbelt can really begin to add up.
Fortunately, telematic technology allows you to monitor the seatbelt use of your drivers and ensure the fleet safety management of your employees. Not only does this potentially save you money, but it is also likely to prevent life-threatening injury and death.
Find out more about fleet safety management
At SafeTrac, we offer a number of solutions to ensure proper fleet safety management. To find out the perfect fleet management solution for your company or to find out more information about any of our products, get in touch today!