At SafeTrac, we’re proud to be an authorised reseller of Geotab fleet tracking solutions. But what is Geotab? This blog post will discuss exactly what it is and how it can benefit a modern business and society at large.
Incredibly Rich Data
Foremostly, Geotab offers extremely rich data for your vehicles. The data collected includes miles travelled, the status of a vehicle, how long the vehicle has spent idling, and much more. This large quantity of data allows you to make informed decisions about your fleet’s future actions. Decisions you can make include route optimisation and maintenance for your vehicles.
Information gathered from telematics such as Geotab are vital as they lead to better driving and safer roads for everyone. For example, Geotab can collect data on speeding, aggressive driving, harsh braking and accidents. Some of the ways that it can help to encourage better driving are:
- Drivers will be able to track their own levels of personal risk, leading them to make better informed choices about how they use the road.
- Driver coaching (through buzzers or spoken word) can notify drivers and encourage them to be more conscious on the road.
- Reversing is one of the more dangerous and accident-prone driving activities. Geotab can provide extra warnings and advise more caution when the vehicle is in reverse.
Ultimately, this data can be used to identify roads with higher-than-average numbers of accidents. City councils could potentially use this data to make these roads safer and to avoid future accidents. For a business, Geotab can also reduce your outgoing costs due to accidents in the following ways:
- Seatbelt and speed coaching in a vehicle
- Reducing vehicle damage through coaching and driver data
- Helping to manage workers’ compensation claims
- Improving liability rates according to monthly risk management score cards.
Improving the environment
In 2018, more and more fleets are trying to cut down on their emissions to decrease their carbon footprint. Additionally, while cutting fuel usage is also great news for the environment, it also saves a business money. Geotab is able to help a business to reduce its fuel usage in the following ways:
- Improving route choices
- Tracking and managing idling time, speed and aggressive driving
- Vehicle maintenance and health data
- Audit of fuel purchased vs fuel consumed
Contact us for Geotab technologies
If you’re interested in Geotab telemetric technologies, or any of our other top of the range tracking solutions, get in touch today!